Kaveret Related News - November-December 1998
- The triple live album Kaveret In The Park (Kaveret BaPark) sold over 8,000 copies since its release in September, and is expected to go pass the 10,000 copies till January. The album sold much better than expected by Hed Arzi, which foresaw about 4,000 copies till 1999.
- Tomorrow, on Sunday, December 27th, the first episode of the mini-series "Small Country, Big Man" ("Eretz Ktana, Ish Gadol"), written and directed by Avaraham Heffner and co-starring Alon Oleartchik, will be broadcasted on Channel 3 at 21:10. For more information, see 22/08/98.
- Kaveret's first manager, Asher Bitansky, has released his first solo album at age 46, after years of managing various artists and working as an expert soundman. The album, titled "Aba - Ha'Osef", includes songs and reading parts recorded throughout his career. An interview with him was published on last Friday's "Tarbut Ma'ariv".
- Efraim Shamir will have a free entrance blues concert on Saturday, December 26th, at 22:00, in the Barbie club.
- Address: Salame 40, Jaffa.
- A few recent and expected birthdays: (thanks to Maytal Brooks)
- Yonny Rechter, 18/11 (47 years old)
- Danny Sanderson, 30/11 (48 years old)
- Efraim Shamir, 9/12 (47 years old)
- Meir Fenigstein, 13/12 (48 years old)
- The film "A Thousand And One Wives" (Elef Neshotav Shel Naftali Siman Tov), directed by Michal Bat Adam, for which Alon Oleartchik wrote the music, will be broadcasted on Sunday, December 6th on Channel 4 at 20:20.
- Alon Oleartchik will perform together with Le'a Shabat, Meirav Michaeli, Asi Levi, Shlomo Bar Aba and others in a special show named "Human Rights" (Zchuyot Ha'Adam) in Tzavta Tel Aviv on Monday, December 7th at 19:30.
- Phone: 03-6950156
- Address: Ibn Gvirol 30, Tel Aviv.
- Adam Sanderson's short film "Ani Tzintzenet" (see below) will be shown in Nahman Shai's Mivhan Bad on Monday, December 7th at 24:22.
- Alon Oleartchik and Barak Hanoch will perform on Thursday, December 10th at the Heineken HaBima Club at 23:30.
- Phones: 03-5282174, 03-5266600
- Address: Tarsat 2, Tel Aviv.
- The mini-series "Small Country, Big Man" ("Eretz Ktana, Ish Gadol"), written and directed by Avaraham Heffner and co-starring Alon Oleartchik will premiere in Tel Aviv cinematheque on Monday, December 7th at 21:00.
- Length: 200 minutes (3:20 hours).
- Phone: 03-6917181/8
- Note: Number of seats is limited.
- To those who can wait, the mini-series will open on Channel 3 starting Sunday, December 27th.
- Hardly Kaveret related, but still: Adam (son of Danny) Sanderson's short film "Ani Tzintzenet" will be shown in Tel Aviv cinematheque as the short film of the month, meaning it will be screened before other films. The 16 minutes graduation film was produced in 1998 in I'roni Alef high school's cinematography class and was co-financed by Channel 2's Snunit foundation. The film will also be broadcasted next week in "Mivhan Bad" on Channel 2, updates are soon to come.
- Dates and hours of screenings:
Saturday, December 5th at 22:00.
Saturday, December 12th at 13:00.
Wednesday, December 23rd at 21:45.
Saturday, December 26th at 13:00.
Tuesday, December 29th at 19:00.
- Phone: 03-6917181/8
- Danny Sanderson will perform in Tel Aviv Museum on Friday, December 4th at 22:00 with his latest show, The Last Toothpick (HaKeisam Ha'Aharon).
- Yoav Kutner's special Kaveret-dedicated episode of "Sof Onat HaTapuzim" will be broadcasted tomorrow, on Sunday, November 22nd at 21:30. The program has got this new and better time slot instead of Miri Shilon's show, which was cancelled. The show will have a rerun on Saturday, November 28th.
- Efraim Shamir, Shlihey HaBlues and HaSanhedrin will perform on Sunday, November 22nd at 22:00 in the Barbi club.
- Minimum ticket price: 25 NIS.
- Address: Salma 40, Tel Aviv.
- Phone: 03-6816757
- Yoav Kutner's TV program "Sof Onat HaTapuzim", telling the story of Israeli rock, has got on the air on Wednesday. A special episode dedicated to Kaveret will be broadcasted on Wednesday, November 25th at 20:00. Kaveret members also appear in some of the other episodes.
- In the last weeks Danny Sanderson and Alon Oleartchik have shown some political activity on several occasions:
- Danny took part in a concert held to support the students strike.
- Danny has signed a petition declaring his support in the Green party (Mifleget HaYerukim), a nonpolitical organization, for Tel Aviv city council.
- Danny and Alon have signed a petition against the expected shutdown of the Educative Television (HaTelevisia HaHinuhit).
- Alon Oleartchik did the musical production in Eti Ankri & David Da'or's new live album "HaHofa'a".